We’re Hiring an Operations Coordinator/Administrative Assistant!
The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) seeks an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented and reliable contributor to join their team as Operations Coordinator/Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate is someone who is driven to get things done and thrives in a fast-paced organization.
They will undertake administrative tasks, ensure smooth running of the office and contribute to driving sustainable growth of the organization.
The ideal candidate loves creating systems, is extremely organized and doesn’t miss a detail. They must be self-motivated, trustworthy and comfortable working with little supervision.
This person will report to the President of the NEVCA and will also support other members of the NEVCA team as need.
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Oversee preparation for Board of Directors Meetings including creation of agendas, timelines, communication to staff and board, and development of board packet materials
- Perform general accounting and bookkeeping duties including deposits, managing expense reports, invoice management and reporting to controller
- Implement and suggest changes to office systems and workflow to improve efficiency
- Create, update and maintain Knowledge Management Systems (eg. event documentation, project management, trackers, contracts, and other databases with personnel and client data
- Assist colleagues with event day logistics when necessary
- Responsible for meeting preparation (partner meeting and external meetings for president)
- Manage communication of information in and out of the office
- Update website with membership and event information
- Develop employee onboarding documentation and manage onboarding process
- Manage correspondence letters, emails, memos, etc. (paper and electronic)
- Monitor office supplies; order and re-stock as needed
- Ensure office is kept clean and organized at all times
- Build and maintain positive and professional staff, member firm and sponsor relationships
- Coordinate details of annual membership drive including strategy, outreach and invoicing
- 2+ years experience as an administrative assistant
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal abilities and professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Detail oriented
- High school diploma; BS/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and Dropbox
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
- Follows instructions, responds to direction, keeps commitments and meets deadlines
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The NEVCA works to foster a collaborative, inclusive, and prosperous venture and entrepreneurial ecosystem. We champion the community’s top emerging and proven venture-backed companies, foster sustainable solutions for a strong and diverse workforce, and advocate for innovation-friendly public policy. With more than eight hundred venture capital professionals from approximately eighty plus firms, our members collectively manage more than $86 billion in capital. (www.newenglandvc.org)