Unpitch HEALTH 2022: Advancing the Healthcare Ecosystem 1 Meeting at a Time
On June 29, the New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) hosted its second Unpitch event of 2022, focused on the health tech industry.
22 founders were selected from a competitive applicant pool to network and gain meaningful feedback from 11 participating investors. These investors came from leading NEVCA Member Firms advancing the health tech ecosystem at large.
SVB hosted this year’s Unpitch HEALTH in its beautiful Boston innovation workspace. This created the perfect backdrop for gathering over 50 attendees from the New England community, which continues to find value in the casual, no-pitch environment created between startup and investor at Unpitch.
The founders selected for the event are bringing healthcare innovations to life across different focus areas from consumer digital health and healthcare IT to AI/ML and telemedicine. About two-thirds of the HEALTH participants are first-time founders.
- Noah Ullman | Actually Health (formerly OurHealth)
- Joanne Mercaldi | BLOOM
- Jit Basak | Catailyst Inc
- Cynthia Orofo | Culture Care Collective
- Aarabi Balasubramanian | EmTech Care Labs, Inc.
- Micah Goodman | Enhearten
- Andrea Ridi | eSteps
- Chris Woods | Even Mental Health
- Anthony Ortiz | Fitly, Inc.
- Andres Garcia Lopez | Hubble
- Sudhakar Kaushik | jeeva health
- Emily Sylvester | NurtureTalk (Mother of Fact)
- Chris Lucas | Ompractice
- Betsy Flanagan | Pink Coat, MD
- Todd Campbell | Previo Health
- John O’Kane | Somml Health
- Colleen Kavanagh | SoulBeing
- Fred Lizza | Statum Systems Inc.
- Heather Fraser | Synthera Health
- Rachel Ruha | Teal Health
- Kalman Gacs | Viv Web Solutions LLC
- JT Lu | Vysioneer
NEVCA Executive Director Ari Glantz kicked off the day before founders went through two breakout sessions. During breakouts, the founders met in pairs with one investor to receive tailored, genuine feedback from the investor and the other founder — no slides or formal pitches allowed. Startups also had the opportunity to mingle with AWS team members to discuss technical challenges and AWS resources available to them.
By the end of the event, we were thrilled to hear from participants about the value and connectivity they experienced. Well past event close, we corralled the remaining startups to the elevator who shared what we were thinking: Unpitch is a must.
We are grateful to everyone who helped make Unpitch HEALTH 2022 a success, especially our sponsor AWS and our host SVB for bringing the Unpitch community to life.
Take a look at some event photos: