New England: The Fifth Annual NEVYs presented by GE were an incredible night of revelry celebrating our Tech and Life Science community. The House of Blues was brimming with energy, community and diversity. Let’s re-live our favorite moments from the celebration.
Congratulations to the Winners
In case you missed it, the winners were announced at the NEVYs during our video-driven rapid fire award show. The 18 winners were chosen by the academy, public opinion and their impact on the New England ecosystem.
- Rising Star VC — Juan Luis Leung-Li, General Catalyst
- Hottest Early Stage Startup — nuTonomy
- Next Pillar Tech Company — Turbonomic
- Clean Tech Company of the Year — Sense
- Angel of the Year — Joe Caruso
- Fund of the Year — Highland Capital
- Entrepreneur of the Year — Ric Fulop, Desktop Metal
- Rising Star Entrepreneur — Liz Powers, ArtLifting
Healthcare & Life Science
- Rising Star VC — Michael Gladstone, Atlas Venture
- Hottest Early Stage Startup: Therapeutics — Magenta Therapeutics
- Hottest Early Stage Startup: Tools & Tech —3Derm
- Deal of the Year — Jounce
- Exit of the Year — Nimbus Apollo
- Digital Health Company of the Year — Rest Devices
- Fund of the Year — Third Rock Ventures
- Entrepreneur of the Year — Kurt Graves, Intarcia
Impact awards were given to Vertex CEO Jeffrey Leiden and Vicki Sato for their long-term contributions to the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
House of Blues was Dazzling
It was NOT your typical networking event
Over the past 5 years, the NEVYs have built a reputation as a party where people can indulge, let loose, take off their shoes and dance.
What the Community said about the NEVYs
Thank you New England. We were blown away by your energy.
See you in 2018.