New England Venture Capital Association Unveils the Winners of the 10th Annual NEVY Awards
The Venture & Start-up Community Honored the Best of New England’s Entrepreneurs and Investors in a Wonderland-themed Celebration at the House of Blues
BOSTON — December 9, 2022 — Last night, the New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) honored the winners of its 10th annual NEVY Awards, recognizing and celebrating the top innovators, investors and companies in the region. This year’s Alice in Wonderland-themed event honored the entrepreneurs and investors of New England traveling through the innovation rabbit hole — the companies committed to leveraging science and technology for a better tomorrow. Dell Technologies once again presented the always anticipated and uncommon awards ceremony at the House of Blues Boston.
“It’s a great honor to bring this community together every year in celebration. Unlike Alice’s Wonderland, the time has not stood still here in New England,” said NEVCA Executive Director Ari Glantz. “We’ve matured into a premier ecosystem for entrepreneurs and investors, a maturation that was evident last night as we looked back across the decade. Ours have certainly been ten years of overwhelming resilience and growth, and 2022 exemplified that perhaps more than any past year.”
The NEVYs honor both early- and late-stage companies, as well as the venture capitalists who support them, and cover a broad spectrum of the region’s thriving industry clusters. This year’s academies are spread across Technology, Life Science, Healthcare and MedTech.
The winners of the 2022 NEVY Awards in the Technology category are:
- ClimateTech Company of the Year: Sense Labs
- Tech Company of the Year: Salsify
- Hottest Tech Startup: Reprise
- Robotics Company of the Year: RightHand Robotics
- Seed Tech Startup of the Year: Herald
- Tech Companies of the Decade: DraftKings; HubSpot; Rapid7
- Tech Funds of the Decade: Founder Collective; General Catalyst
The winners of the 2022 NEVY Awards in the Life Science category are:
- Life Science Deal of the Year: Affinivax
- Emerging Life Science Company of the Year: Seismic Therapeutic
- Patient Impact Award: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Life Science Companies of the Decade: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals; Moderna
- Life Science Funds of the Decade: Atlas Venture; Polaris Partners; Third Rock Ventures
The winners of the 2022 NEVY Awards in the Healthcare category are:
- Emerging Healthcare Company of the Year: Lynx
- Healthcare Liquidity Event of the Year: AbleTo
- Powerhouse Healthcare Company of the Year: IntelyCare
- Healthcare Companies of the Decade: Amwell; Athenahealth; Iora Health (acquired by One Medical); PillPack (acquired by Amazon)
- Healthcare Funds of the Decade: .406 Ventures; Flare Capital
The winners of the 2022 NEVY Awards in the MedTech category are:
- Emerging MedTech Company of the Year: NanoMosaic
- Powerhouse MedTech Company of the Year: Affera, Inc.
- MedTech Companies of the Decade: ABIOMED; NxStage Medical
Additionally, Orna Therapeutics, Inc. was honored with a unique award — Spirit of the NEVYs — to celebrate the company’s engagement with the NEVYs and innovation at large.
This year’s event marked Dell Technologies’ fourth year sponsoring the NEVYs. Joining Dell Technologies in supporting the 2022 NEVY Awards were: AbbVie, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Bank of America, Deloitte, Form, Gusto (a Matter Company), IDA Ireland, Johnson & Johnson, Pacific Western Bank, Takeda, and V2 Communications.
See photos and updates from the NEVCA team on Twitter with #NEVYs22, or on Medium and at www.newenglandvc.org.
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) works toward a collaborative, inclusive, and prosperous innovation ecosystem. Through unique programs, critical policy work, and dynamic local events and regional marketing, the NEVCA invests in the entrepreneurial ecosystem on behalf of the VC community.
VCs are only as successful as the entrepreneurs in whom they invest and the environments in which those investments grow. We don’t just host events: we act as a network, catalyst, and resource for the innovation economy, from celebrations to education; legislative advocacy to workforce development.
Follow @NewEnglandVC on Twitter, or check out www.newenglandvc.org.
V2 Communications for NEVCA