New England Venture Capital Association Unveils Nominees and Academies for the 11th Annual NEVY Awards
2023 NEVY Awards Brings Together the Entrepreneurs and Investors Behind the Groovy Technology Driving New England’s Ecosystem
BOSTON — November 7, 2023 — The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) unveiled the nominees for its 11th Annual NEVY Awards, which recognize and celebrate top innovators, investors, and companies in the region. This year’s Peace, Love, NEVYs themed event honors the successes and progress made by entrepreneurs and investors of New England during a turbulent year. The community’s resilience has shown through in 2023, and this event puts a spotlight on the collective strength and dedication to innovation.
The winners will be announced live on Thursday, December 7th during the in-person event at House of Blues Boston. It’ll be the grooviest NEVYs yet!
“Our community is one of resilience, and we’re looking forward to coming together in-person at the House of Blues to connect with one another and celebrate the 2023 NEVY nominees and winners,” said NEVCA Executive Director Ari Glantz. “The 1960s are known as a period of cultural and musical revolution that took place on a backdrop of global hardship. In 2023, the venture capitalists and entrepreneurs of our region are doing something similar, creating breakthroughs and achieving success under remarkably similar worldwide conditions. This was the perfect theme for our current moment.”
The NEVYs honor both early- and late-stage companies, as well as the venture capitalists who support them, and cover a broad spectrum of the region’s thriving industry clusters. The Academies are spread across Tech, Life Science, Healthcare, MedTech, Robotics, and Climate Tech.
Tech award categories and nominees include:
- Emerging Tech Company of the Year: Atlantic Quantum; Causal; Causely, Inc.; Common Sense Machines; Duckbill; FeatureByte; Machinery Partner; Patented.ai; UbiCept
- Hottest Startup: Black Kite; ChaosSearch; CloudZero; Gradient AI; Indico; Tetrascience; Zapata AI
- Tech Company of the Year: Corvus Insurance; ezCater; Klaviyo; Lendbuzz; Lightmatter; Onapsis; Openly; Snyk; Starburst Data
Life Sciences award categories and nominees include:
- Emerging Life Science Company of the Year: Ascidian Therapeutics; Crossbow Therapeutics; Matchpoint Therapeutics; Mediar Therapeutics; Nested Therapeutics; ReNAgade Therapeutics
- Patient Impact Award: Sage Therapeutics
- Powerhouse Life Science Company of the Year: Apogee Therapeutics; Disc Medicine, Inc.; Nimbus Therapeutics; Versanis
Healthcare award categories and nominees include:
- Emerging Healthcare Company of the Year: basys.ai; BetterVet; Cartwheel Care; CodaMetrix; knownwell; Laudio; On Belay Health Solutions; Vita Health
- Powerhouse Healthcare Company of the Year: 1upHealth; Cohere Health; Devoted Health; Groups Recover Together
MedTech award categories and nominees include:
- Emerging MedTech Company of the Year: Axoft; Empatica; Instylla Inc.; Mercy BioAnalytics; Sealonix Inc.
- Powerhouse MedTech Company of the Year: Conformal Medical, Inc.; Cytrellis; Elucid; LightForce Orthodontics; Lyra; Paragonix Technologies
Robotics award categories and nominees include:
- Emerging Robotics Company of the Year: Cleo Robotics; Guardian Agriculture; MagLev Aero; Pickle Robot; Reframe Systems
- Powerhouse Robotics Company of the Year: Activ Surgical; Locus Robotics; Symbotic
Climate Tech award categories and nominees include:
- Emerging Climate Tech Company of the Year: ArkeaBio™; Boston Materials; Electrified Thermal Solutions, Inc.; florrent; Nth Cycle; SparkCharge; VEIR, Inc.
- Powerhouse Climate Tech Company of the Year: Boston Metal; Commonwealth Fusion Systems; Form Energy; LineVision
Pacific Western Bank will be the entertainment sponsor for the event — can you dig it? Joining them in supporting the 2023 NEVY Awards are: Deloitte, Gusto, IDA Ireland, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, and V2 Communications, and Vector AIS.
Join us in your bell bottoms, tie-dyed shirts and peace sign necklaces as we throw our 11th celebration of the New England ecosystem. To purchase tickets for the event, visit www.thenevys.com.
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) fosters a collaborative, inclusive, and prosperous innovation ecosystem on behalf of New England’s VC industry. Operating across four pillars — Venture Community, Regional Brand, Workforce Development, and Public Policy — the association’s initiatives impact the community at large: events connect founders, funders, and innovators; legislative advocacy promotes economic growth; programs bolster professional development across the venture landscape. Follow @NewEnglandVC on Twitter, or check out www.newenglandvc.org.
V2 Communications for NEVCA