New England Venture Capital Association Reveals the Winners of the 8th Annual NEVY Awards
BOSTON — December 2, 2020 — Last night, in homes all over New England, the New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) honored the winners of its eighth annual NEVY Awards, recognizing and celebrating the top innovators, investors and companies in the region. Presented by Dell Technologies, the “2Oz0 NEVYs: There’s No Place Like Home” ceremony gave an appropriate nod to this year’s alternate reality.
“Just like the year of 2020, our NEVYs award ceremony was like no other in its history. We came together safely and virtually to recognize the strength and tenacity of New England’s entrepreneurs and investors — but of course, offered the pomp and flair everyone expected,” said NEVCA President Jody Rose. “We are honored to celebrate the hard work and success of our community and offer a bit of levity in these unique times.”
The NEVYs honor both early- and late-stage companies, as well as the venture capitalists who support them, and cover a broad spectrum of the region’s thriving industry clusters: Technology, Healthcare, Life Sciences, MedTech and CleanTech.
The winners of the 2020 NEVY Awards in the Technology category are:
- Emerging Tech Company: Reggora
- Hottest Tech Startup: Whoop
- Tech Exit of the Year: Carbon Black & Draftkings
- Next Cornerstone Tech Company: Toast
- Tech Fund of the Year: Accomplice
The winners of the 2020 NEVY Awards in the Healthcare category are:
- Emerging Healthcare Company: FireFly Health
- Powerhouse Healthcare Company: Kyruus
- Healthcare Fund of the Year: Oak HC/FT
The winners of the 2020 NEVY Awards in the Life Sciences category are:
- Patient Impact Award: Acceleron Pharma & Bluebird Bio
- Emerging Life Science Company: QurAlis
- Powerhouse Life Science Company: Akouos
- Life Science Deal/Exit of the Year: Semma Therapeutics
- Tech Fund of the Year: Atlas Venture
The winners of the 2020 NEVY Awards in the MedTech category are:
- Emerging MedTech Company: GI Windows & Hyalex Orthopaedics
- Powerhouse MedTech Company: Sema4
The winners of the 2020 NEVY Awards in the CleanTech category are:
- Emerging CleanTech Company: Commonwealth Fusion Systems
- Powerhouse CleanTech Company: Indigo Ag
Alongside Presenting Sponsor Dell Technologies, the NEVY Awards in Emerald City were supported this year by returning sponsors: AbbVie, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Deloitte, IDA Ireland, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Matter, and V2 Communications; and new sponsors Enel, JP Morgan, and MassDevelopment.
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) invests in the entrepreneurial ecosystem on behalf of the VC community through program-building, policy work, marketing and events. From celebrations (the NEVY Awards) to content series (VC Briefings and Syndicate Sessions), workforce development programs (TechGen and Hack.Diversity) to advocacy and legislation (equity and inclusion initiatives and immigration reform), the NEVCA is at once a network, catalyst and resource for the innovation economy.