New England Venture Capital Association Reveals the Nominees & Academies for the 9th Annual NEVY Awards
The MARVELous NEVY Awards Ceremony Celebrates the Heroes of New England’s Entrepreneurs and Investors
BOSTON — October 14, 2021 — The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) revealed the nominees for its ninth annual NEVY Awards, which recognize and celebrate the top innovators, investors and companies in the region. This year’s theme will pull from the pages of your favorite comics to highlight the “heros” of New England’s innovation ecosystem — the entrepreneurs and investors committed to leveraging science and technology for a better tomorrow. Presented again this year by Dell Technologies, winners will be announced December 2nd, both live and in-person at House of Blues Boston, and streaming virtually.
“This year’s NEVYs put names and faces to the superheroes of our venture community,” said NEVCA President Jody Rose. “As we sought to put the villains of 2020 behind us, these companies and investors fought for a stronger-than-ever ecosystem and broke new ground. We’re thrilled to celebrate their successes, which showcase the superpowers of New England: launching and growing meaningful, impactful, and successful businesses.”
The NEVYs honor both early- and late-stage companies, as well as the venture capitalists who support them, and cover a broad spectrum of the region’s thriving industry clusters. The academies are broken out across Technology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Climate Tech and MedTech.
Technology award categories and nominees include:
● Emerging Company of the Year: HelloTeam; Ianacare; Perygee; Verve Motion; Wunderite
● Hottest Startup: Embark; Hydrow; Jellyfish; Lightmatter; Perch; Reggora; Vendr
● Liquidity Event of the Year: 128 Technology; Datto; Desktop Metal; Drift; Flywire; Toast; Turbonomic
● Tech Company of the Year: Algorand; Cybereason; DataRobot; FormLabs; Klaviyo; Whoop
Life Sciences award categories and nominees include:
● Deal of the Year: Pandion Therapeutics; ReadCoor; Tidal Therapeutics; Translate Bio
● Emerging Company of the Year: Cellino Biotech; Dyno Therapeutics; GentiBio; Kojin Therapeutics; Orna Therapeutics; Satellite
● Patient Impact Award: to be announced on Dec 2nd!
Healthcare award categories and nominees include:
● Emerging Company of the Year: Bicycle Health; Equip Health; FOLX Health; Tausight; Zus Health
● Liquidity Event of the Year: Definitive Healthcare; Iora Health; PatientPing
● Powerhouse Company of the Year: 4G Clinical; Devoted; Groups Recover Together; Reify Health
Climate Tech award categories and nominees include:
● Early Company of the Year: Leading Edge; nthCycle; Sublime Systems; VEIR
● Powerhouse Company of the Year: Quantela (CIMCON Lighting); Commonwealth Fusion; Destkop Metal; XL Fleet
● Rocket Ship Company of the Year: Battery Resourcers; Boston Materials; Boston Metal; Form Energy; Malta
MedTech award categories and nominees include:
● Emerging Company of the Year: Med Rhythms; Panther Therapeutics; Proof Diagnostics; Pykus; Rejoni
● Powerhouse Company of the Year: Biofourmis; Capsule Technologies; Caresyntax; Vicarious Surgical
Joining Dell Technologies in supporting the 2021 NEVY Awards are: Abbvie, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Deloitte, IDA Ireland, Johnson & Johnson Innovation — JJDC, JP Morgan, Matter and V2 Communications.
A limited number of in-person tickets for this year’s NEVY Awards are available at thenevys.com. Follow official updates from the NEVCA team on Twitter with #NEVYs21, or on Facebook, Medium and at www.newenglandvc.org. More information on NEVY Awards history and vision is available at thenevys.com.
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) works toward a collaborative, inclusive, and prosperous innovation ecosystem. Through unique program-building, critical policy work, innovative regional marketing and dynamic local events, the NEVCA invests in the entrepreneurial ecosystem on behalf of the VC community. From celebrations (the NEVY Awards) to content series (VC Briefings and Syndicate Sessions), workforce development programs (Hack.Diversity and the Bioscience & Investor Inclusion Group) to advocacy and legislation (noncompete and immigration reform), the NEVCA is at once a network, catalyst and resource for the innovation economy.
V2 Communications for NEVCA