New England Venture Capital Association Reveals the Nominees for the 10th Annual NEVY Awards
NEVY Awards Ceremony Tips its (Top)Hat to the Best of New England’s Entrepreneurs and Investors
BOSTON — October 26, 2022 — The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) revealed the nominees for its 10th annual NEVY Awards, which recognize and celebrate the top innovators, investors and companies in the region. This year’s Alice in Wonderland themed event will honor the entrepreneurs and investors of New England traveling through the innovation rabbit hole — the companies committed to leveraging science and technology for a better tomorrow. Presented again this year by Dell Technologies, winners will be announced December 8th during the in-person event at House of Blues Boston. (Don’t be late!)
“It’s amazing to be celebrating a full decade of NEVY Awards with the New England venture community,” exclaimed NEVCA Executive Director Ari Fine Glantz. “Much like the characters of Alice in Wonderland, our innovation ecosystem has grown up and matured over the past 10 years, establishing New England as a premier region for entrepreneurship and investment. We look forward to tipping our hats to this community for their resilience, creativity and success.”
The NEVYs honor both early- and late-stage companies, as well as the venture capitalists who support them, and cover a broad spectrum of the region’s thriving industry clusters. The academies are spread across Technology, Life Sciences, Healthcare and MedTech.
Technology award categories and nominees include:
● Seed Startup of the Year: AllSpice.io, Allure Security; Herald; OneScreen.ai; Parrot AI; Wonderment
● Hottest Startup: CareAcademy; Compt; Hi Marley; HYCU, Inc.; JobGet; Reprise; ThreatX
● Company of the Year: Circle Internet Financial; Jellyfish; Klaviyo; Salsify; Vendr
● Robotics Company of the Year: Alert Innovation; DexAI; Locus Robotic; sRealtime Robotics; RightHand Robotics
● Climate Tech Company of the Year: Electric Hydrogen; Quaise; Sense Labs; Titan; Verdox
● Companies of the Decade: DraftKings; Hubspot; Rapid7
Life Sciences award categories and nominees include:
● Emerging Company of the Year: Affini-T Therapeutics; Chroma Medicine; DEM BioPharma, Inc.; Seismic Therapeutic; TRIANA Biomedicines
● Patient Impact Award: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
● Deal of the Year: Affinivax; Beam Therapeutics; Biohaven; Dragonfly; Orna Therapeutics, Inc.; Translate Bio
● Companies of the Decade: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals; Moderna
Healthcare award categories and nominees include:
● Emerging Company of the Year: InStride Health; Lynx; Marigold Health; Nest Collaborative; Watershed Informatics
● Powerhouse Company of the Year: Cohere Health; Eleanor Health; Intelycare; Iterative Scopes
● Liquidity Event of the Year: AbleTo
● Companies of the Decade: Amwell; athenahealth; Iora Health (acq. One Medical); PillPack
MedTech award categories and nominees include:
● Emerging Company of the Year: CoreMap, Inc.; Elucid; NanoMosaic; Nanopath
● Powerhouse Company of the Year: Affera, Inc.; Biofourmis; Biorez; LightForce; PathAI
● Companies of the Decade: ABIOMED; NxStage Medical
This will be Dell Technologies’ 4th consecutive year as Presenting Sponsor of the NEVYs. Joining Dell in supporting the 2022 NEVY Awards are: AbbVie (7th year), Alexandria Real Estate Equities (10th year), Bank of America (2nd year), Deloitte (6th year), IDA Ireland, Johnson & Johnson Innovation (8th year), Matter and V2 Communications (4th year).
Grab your top hats, stop watches, and playing cards as we (tea) party it up for the 10th time. A limited number of in-person tickets for this year’s NEVY Awards are available at thenevys.com. Follow official updates from the NEVCA team on Twitter with #NEVYs22, or on Medium and at www.newenglandvc.org. More information on NEVY Awards history and vision is available at thenevys.com.
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) works toward a collaborative, inclusive, and prosperous innovation ecosystem. Through unique programs, critical policy work, and dynamic local events and regional marketing, the NEVCA invests in the entrepreneurial ecosystem on behalf of the VC community.
VCs are only as successful as the entrepreneurs in whom they invest and the environments in which those investments grow. We don’t just host events: we act as a network, catalyst, and resource for the innovation economy, from celebrations to education; legislative advocacy to workforce development.
Follow @NewEnglandVC on Twitter, or check out www.newenglandvc.org.
V2 Communications for NEVCA