Announcing Nominees for the 007th Annual NEVY Awards, presented by Dell Technologies
The 007th Annual NEVY Awards will honor the best and brightest contributors to New England’s venture ecosystem, at an event that promises to be “shaken AND stirred.”
BOSTON — March 27, 2019 — Today the New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) revealed the nominees for its seventh annual NEVY Awards, which recognize and celebrate the top innovators, investors and companies in the region. Presented this year by Dell Technologies, NEVY Award winners will be announced at the much anticipated, 007-themed awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 8 at Boston’s House of Blues.
“The NEVYs are a celebration of New England’s venture ecosystem and we’re proud to honor those contributing to the innovation economy in this region,” said NEVCA President, Jody Rose. “Going into our seventh annual event, appropriately themed after James Bond 007, we look forward to showcasing the cutting-edge work our nominees have been doing in the tech, healthcare and life science communities.”
“These nominees are at the forefront of New England’s ever-evolving innovation culture,” said Matt Baker, senior vice president of Dell EMC Strategy and Planning. “It’s exciting for Dell Technologies to join the NEVY Awards this year to honor and recognize the people and companies that are continually progressing technology, life science and healthcare industries.”
The NEVYs honor both early- and late-stage companies, as well as the venture capitalists who support them, and cover a wide spectrum of the region’s thriving industry clusters. Nominees were selected by the organization’s three Academies — Technology, Healthcare and Life Sciences — made up of some of the region’s top investors across these industries. This is the first year in which Healthcare has a dedicated Academy distinct from Life Sciences, reflecting Boston’s ascension as a healthcare innovation and investing hub.
Technology award categories and nominees include:
● Tech Exit of the Year: PillPack, Carbon Black, CloudHealth by VMware, EverQuote
● Rising Star in Tech: Humatics, ClimaCell, Soft Robotics, inrupt inc., Crayon, Root AI
● Next Tech Home Run: Formlabs, DataRobot, Toast, Inc., ButcherBox, Salsify
● Hottest Tech Startup: Klaviyo, Bevi, Drift, Embark, Owl Labs
● Next Cornerstone Tech Company: Carbon Black, SimpliSafe, EZCater, DraftKings, Affirmed Networks
● CleanTech Company of the Year: Via Separations, XL Hybrids, EnergySage, Bevi, Cambridge Crops
Healthcare award categories and nominees include:
● MedTech Company of the Year: Augmenix, Vapotherm, Avedro, Conformal Medical, Inc., Selux Diagnostics, Renovia Inc
● Healthcare IT Exit of the Year: PillPack, SHYFT Analytics, Covetrus (Vets First Choice), Circulation
● Healthcare IT Startup of the Year: Pear Therapeutics, Devoted Health, Iora Health, PatientPing, virtudent, Diameter Health
Life Sciences award categories and nominees include:
● Revolutionary New Therapeutic or Platform Startup: Beam Therapeutics, Dewpoint Therapeutics, Accent Therapeutics, HotSpot Therapeutics, Frequency Therapeutics
● Deal/Exit of the Year for a Therapeutic or Platform Company: Loxo Oncology, TESARO, Moderna, Inc., Relay Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, SQZ Biotech
● Patient Impact Award: Sage Therapeutics, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Joining Dell Technologies in supporting the seventh annual NEVY Awards are Entertainment Sponsor IDA Ireland; Gold Sponsors Matter Communications and Alexandria Real Estate Equities; Silver Sponsor Deloitte; Bronze Sponsors Version 2.0 Communications, Cooley, J&J Innovation, Inc. — JJDC, Piper Jaffray, AbbVie, Sidley, and Cowen.
To attend this year’s NEVY Awards, tickets are available at thenevys.com. Follow official updates from the NEVCA team on Twitter with #NEVYs19. More information on NEVY Awards history and vision is available at thenevys.com.
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The New England Venture Capital Association (“NEVCA”) fosters a collaborative, inclusive, and prosperous innovation ecosystem. The NEVCA convenes leaders across the innovation community, builds sustainable solutions for workforce diversity, champions New England’s regional brand, and advocates for innovation-friendly public policy. Its member firms manage more than $80B in capital. Follow @NewEnglandVC on Twitter or check out www.newenglandvc.org.